Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chairish

I had a very busy weekend. Saturday was Charish, the Furniture Bank's big fundraising event for the year. The event consisted of a art auction, silent auction, and even a game of musical chairs. This was my first time ever attending/volunteering something this fancy before. As a volunteer for the Chairish, I helped get the place ready for the guests and take everything down at the end of the night. I even got the chance to be a server. It was a long day. I didn't expect to work 12 hours. But by the end of it, I'm glad I got the chance to be something as wonderful as Charish. It's really powerful to see hundreds people gather together for a cause. I think having events like Chairish gives people the chance to be enlighten and refocus on issues that are affecting their community. 

Auction items sitting in our tiny office before being shipped to Puritan Mills.






Front Entrance of Puritan Mills where Charish was held.




Volunteers setting up for the event.






Add caption




Guest playing a round of musical chairs.








A piece of art being ready to be sold at the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment