Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hobbies

For me drawing has become a period of relaxation and reflection. Most of the time, my mind is racing, jumping from thinking about future job prospects, work, and really anything that pops in my head. Sometimes I think I have ADD because I can't sit still or work on something for a long time. This why I have trouble reading big books because my mind starts to wander. Drawing on the other hand, I can sit for hours. When I draw, my mind is calm. I don't really think about anything besides what I am drawing ahead of me. Drawing by observation is really a problem I have to solve. When you drawing something from reality, you have to capture what it looks from your eyes. This means you have to see the relationship different objects in a scene. Some objects are farther away than others so they will appear smaller. Others appear bigger because their closer to your line of vision. If you slightly move your position, the scene you are trying to draw changes. 


This year has given me that chance to really pursue my passion of drawing. I don't have the distractions of home. But most importantly, this year presented me with challenges that pushed me to look for alternatives for dealing stress. At the moment, drawing, cooking, and walking are my ways of reflection and relaxation. My hobby in someways has consumed me. I thirst to learn new ways of drawing things. I buy and read books on artists, comic art, color, and drawing from life. I just hope that this passion doesn't die out when the year is over.
Every few months, the Kindezi school throws a party for students who didn't get involve any conflict  for significant amount of time. Peace Parties usually have potato sack races, pizza,  the game twister, and face painting.






No comments:

Post a Comment