Sunday, March 25, 2012

Discernment

In the last week or two. I have been thinking about what I am going to do next year. We're past the half way mark and the International placement event was a week ago. The new YAVs are getting ready to have their adventures. I'm excited for them and myself. This year has taught me a lot. It has got me thinking where do I want to go next. Though I'm still not sure, I still feel called to Atlanta. I am drawn to the people here and the work I am doing at my placements. However, I yearn to learn and take more responsibility. I want a bigger role working at a non-profit. I feel God drawing me towards a larger leadership role.

While the path is becoming a little bit clearer, I'm trying to process what is going happening. I reflect by drawing and walking. Recently I have been meeting with friends, supervisors, and family to talk through my discernment. This has been a powerful experience in itself. They offer me advice, tell me their experiences in the program, or even just listen to me ramble for an hour. In these discussions I realized how many people care about me. Everyone I talk to went out of their way to help me in my journey. The community I am apart of is a strongly knit grout bounded by God's love.

On Friday the kids got the chance to duck tape Principal Dean to the wall. I can't specifically remember the reason  for the occasion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment